Following WWII, the biplane that had taught thousands of Allied pilots to fly was suddenly obsolete as a military trainer. Instead, the Super Stearman joined the ranks of Hollywood stars—after being built-up and refined by Joe Hughes, who wanted something better than the standard airshow Stearman for the movie industry. The ElectriFly Super Stearman ARF offers the original’s great looks and thrilling performance. In only a few hours, RC pilots can be performing star-quality aerobatics!
- Built for brushless power and airshow-quality aerobatics
- Spans 36 in.—a perfect size for “grab ‘n go” flying and transportation ease
- Built-up balsa/ply airframe, factory-applied MonoKote® covering, and painted fiberglass parts add to the beauty and easy ARF assembly
- Included to streamline assembly: a self-aligning fin and stabilizer; prehinged ailerons; formed and painted cabanes and struts; painted fiberglass wheel pants; and a factory-installed replica radial engine
- Also features a keyed cowl with magnets for fast “align and lock” installation, and a magnetic hatch with painted pilot busts and windscreens installed.
|Wingspan||36 in. (915 mm)|
|Length||29.5 in. (750 mm)|
|Wing area||365 in.² (23.5 dm²)|
|Weight||2.25–2.75 lb (1020–1250 g)|
|Wing loading||14–17 oz/ft² (43-52 g/dm²)|
|Requires||Radio system with a minimum of four channels and four micro servos, 35-30-1250 outrunner brushless motor, 35A brushless ESC (min.), 11.1-V 3S 2200-mAh LiPo battery and 10x7 electric prop.|
#GPMA1150 Super Stearman EP ARF Street: $149.99
P.O. Box 9021
Champaign, IL 61821